Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fortune House -- Sachse,Tx


Well, for dinner this evening, my wife and I were in Murphy and felt like having some Chinese. Sachse is pretty close by and Fortune House had some decent reviews so we thought we would give it a try.





I ordered the General Tso's Chicken and my wife had Mu Shu Chicken. We've been living in the area a little over 3 weeks now, and I've visited two other Chinese places, and by far I'd have to say Fortune House has been my favorite. We both had the Dine-In special which is all day, comes with the Entree, rice, and soup or egg roll. We started off with a Hot and Sour soup which was pretty good. The soup was nice and hot, tasty, and not watered down or lacking. The restaurant is pretty small and the kitchen is somewhat open to the eating area. We could hear the cook whipping up some food, so it seemed like they were making it to order.


General Tso



My first impression was WHOA!!, that's a pretty good serving for a special. Food was hot, as I cut into a piece, the chicken was steaming. The General Tso sauce was very tasty, and the chicken had a nice crunch to it. The broccoli tasted fresh as well. Now I have a hefty appetite and perhaps I could of finished the full meal, but I didn't feel like feeling miserable walking out so full, so I had some left over. I think my one only complaint would be that I wish it had a little more sauce as I like to mix it with my rice.



Mu Shu Chicken


My wife is a Mu Shu fanatic and pretty much everywhere she goes to eat Chinese she'll order Mu Shu. At the last two places we ate at here in the area, she didn't really like the way it was prepared. She immediately liked the presentation being that the carrots and cabbage was nicely shredded, and the hoisin sauce was tasty but not over powering. I of course had to take a couple bites, and must say it was good, no complaints.

For the two entrees and my wife's iced tea, it came out to a little over $15 dollars. Service was good, not sure if he was the owner, but he was very polite, attentive, and on top of things. I am not sure if this was attributed to us being the only dine-in customers, but none-the-less it was great over all. My wife and I agree we will be back to try some other dishes.




No comments:

Post a Comment